8.17.2010

Today brought to you by the letter M. No, really.

I love letters. You knew that, right? I've been following Lettercult's Alphabattle since somewhere around D. Although I've never entered, it's a delightful thing to view individual responses to such an open-ended prompt.
Today, the results for M were posted. There are always a few that I really appreciate, but Martin Bunyi's submission made me stop, stare, and research. Beautiful.


Turns out Martin is a former NYC-area web designer taking a five month sabbatical in rural Pennsylvania.  "About the medium, I am just continuing the history of story telling through embroidery, telling my story. It is as simple as that."
The projects featured on his website are all embroidery-based. My favorites were a series of skateboard deck "test projects."

No comments:

Post a Comment